Harp & Crown Credit Union Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Harp & Crown Credit Union Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 09 January 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- education details
- employment details
- goods and services
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Who the Information may be shared with.
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- credit reference agencies
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- financial organisations
- ombudsmen and regulatory authorities
- business associates and advisers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our web site uses a Thawte 256bit SSL Web Server Certificate to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site and your web browser.
Thawte has checked and verified our company registration documents, the site's registered domain name, and the authorising contact at the company all according to the strongest identity authentication standard today.
If you click on the Thawte Site Seal below you can view the SSL Certificate.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- The Harp & Crown Credit Union Limited is registered with the ICO (Information Commisioner's Office) www.ico.gov.uk as a data controller. Our Registration Number is Z8633633.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Federation Office, 77-79 Garnerville Road, Belfast, BT4 2NX.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.